SHINE Server is a modular software package devised for integrators looking for powerful and flexible videoservers to be implemented with standard IT components. Integrators are free to choose hardware configuration and then install SHINE Server firmware to get a multichannel videoserver ready to fit customers’ needs.
It is the answer to today’s demand from broadcasters to have solutions able to face the rising range of digital SD/HD workflows in their environment.
SHINE Server is designed for easy integration with third party components and automation systems and therefore SHINE based videoservers can be supplied either in addition as well as replacement of existing ones.
Modularity and scalability make this product the right choice for integrators, letting them configure videoservers with the only channels and features required by the projects and enabling them to offer affordable and tailor-made solutions to their customers.
- Around the clock on-airing
- Live News Player
- Archive digitization
- Stereoscopic 3D playout
- News production
- Transcoding server
- Profanity delay and content control
- Time delayed channels
- Multiple real-time proxy creation in WMV, MP4 and MOV (H264 AAC) with timecode
- Loop recording
- Edit while capturing
- Clip transcoding and timeline exporting
- Output signal direct capture, without wasting input channels
- Fill and Fill + Key output (clip with alpha channel support)
- Back-To-Back playout of mixed formats (SD/HD, 4:3/16:9, multi codec/container)
- Simultaneous up/down conversion with AFD support and customizable AspectRatio behaviour
- Multi-layer compositor with DVE effects on each layer
- Live pass-through, even on multiple outputs
- Simulcast same playout in different format (SD, HD, with Logo, …)
- Embedded CG capabilities (ticker, logo, animation sequence, text, clock) with data binding
- Audio/Video/Graphic multi-track Timeline with on-the-fly editing and effects (mask, mosaic, blur, fade, wipe…)
- Stereoscopic 3D in SideBySide, TopAndBottom and TileFormat
- Streaming output
- TimeShift plugin
- Extensive native codec support in HD and SD including DVCAM, DVCPRO 25/50, MPEG2-IFrame422 (SD/HD), MPEG2-IBP420/422 (SD/HD), D10-IMX, HDV, DVCPROHD, XDCAMHD420/422, Avid DNxHD, H264 (SD/HD), P2.
- Cross-platform container support: AVI, MXF, MOV, MPG, MP4, WMV
- Capability to get feed from third party graphic engines
- Integration with third party components through standard protocols (VDCP and VDCP over IP) and SHINE Interact Protocol
- TimeCode support as embedded VITC or external LTC (with optional LTC-input card)
- Input/output audio levels control
- Audio channels routing
- Dolby-E preservation
- Audio/Video stream virtual router
- 4K ready
- Local signals preview and remote zero-delay and full frame rate HQ preview based on proprietary IP streaming
- Matrox DSX family
- Blackmagic DeckLink Studio as input channel only in addition to Matrox board (even more than one)